Devlopment and Design Engineer - Muswellbrook Shire council
About the position
The Development & Design Engineer provides sound engineering assessment advice associated with development proposals and designs for Council projects, and provides an in-house design service for minor projects.
Muswellbrook Shire is one of NSW’s most dynamic local government areas. For over four decades it has been at the heart of the State’s energy industry; with two of NSW’s base load power generators located in the Shire, Bayswater and Liddell. Muswellbrook Shire’s coal industry exports 25% of NSW’s thermal coal, it is the home of the two largest thoroughbred horse studs in the southern hemisphere, it produces a large volume of the Hunters viticulture and is home to the largest dairy industry in the Hunter.
Muswellbrook Shire Council is a vibrant workplace with a commitment to excellence in all facets of its operations, and is committed to employee welfare and development.
This is a permanent role with a salary range of $79,353 - $89,123 based on demonstrated competencies, plus 9.5% superannuation.
To be successful in this role you must possess:
- A Degree in Civil Engineering with extensive relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
Drainage and flood mitigation
Roads and Civil Design
- Development Assessment
Survey experience would be an advantage
- Understanding of the Standards, Relevant Design Guidelines and AusSpec set of documents.
- Understanding of estimation to provide input towards funding source decisions i.e. S7.11 Plans, s64 Plans, AAs27, grants
- Proven capabilities with CAD and GIS Software; e.g., Drains, MUSIC, Civil3D or 12D, MapInfo/QGIS, WateRide etc
- Knowledge in assessment of Engineering aspects of Developer proposals for subdivisions and the like including the drafting of development conditions.
- Experience in project management of specialised sub-consultants.
- Class C Driver’s License.
- Demonstrated experience and/or capability to deliver the Job Specific Key Accountabilities.
- Demonstrated Advanced key capabilities as defined in the Key Capabilities Table.
Further Information and to apply click here
, or contact Derek Finnigan, Director Community Infrastructure Services on (02) 6549 3750.
Unfortunately, an unfinished application can’t be retrieved to finish at a later date. Please keep your responses concise.
Applications close on 16 March 2020.