Community Infrastructure Engineer - Muswellbrook ShireCouncil
About the position
The Community Infrastructure Engineer provides high quality professional, innovative and practical civil engineering support and project management services across Council. Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Community Infrastructure Engineer provides best practice development, implementation and monitoring of maintenance and construction works carried out by Council’s Works, Property & Building team and the Community Infrastructure department.
Muswellbrook Shire is one of NSW’s most dynamic local government areas. For over four decades it has been at the heart of the State’s energy industry; with two of NSW’s base load power generators located in the Shire, Bayswater and Liddell. Muswellbrook Shire’s coal industry exports 25% of NSW’s thermal coal, it is the home of the two largest thoroughbred horse studs in the southern hemisphere, it produces a large volume of the Hunters viticulture and is home to the largest dairy industry in the Hunter.
Muswellbrook Shire Council is a vibrant workplace with a commitment to excellence in all facets of its operations, and is committed to employee welfare and development.
This position has the opportunity to expand your professional experience across a range of development areas.
This is a permanent role with a salary range of $79,353 - $89,123 based on demonstrated competencies, plus 9.5% superannuation plus subsidised rent.
To be successful in this role you must possess:
- A degree in Civil Engineering suitable to gain Professional Engineer Member status of the Institution of Engineers (Aust.) with relevant engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant and applicable NSW legislation: for example, tendering regulations in the NSW Local Government Act 1993 and Local Government (General) Regulation 2005, Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997, etc.
- Working knowledge of Aus-Spec, Transport for NSW, and AustRoads construction and maintenance specifications.
- Class C driver’s licence
- Demonstrated experience and/or capability to deliver the Job Specific Key Accountabilities.
- Demonstrated Advanced level key capabilities as defined in the Key Capabilities Table.
Some of the projects the Community Infrastructure Engineer will work on will include (but not be limited to):
- Entertainment Centre;
- Upgrades to the Muswellbrook Aquatic Centre;
- Mine affected roads strategy;
- New Animal Shelter;
- Hunter Beach Project.
Click here to apply.