The LGEA’s Employer of Choice Award is back for the fourth consecutive year to recognise the best local government employer of 2018.
The Award highlights good employment practices within NSW local government, particularly those that are designed to attract and retain engineers and other technical professionals within council organisations.
It is also designed to identify and reward local government organisations that have developed good relationships with the LGEA at the workplace level by valuing and respecting our members and providing support to our local delegates.
The winning Council must also meet the following universal characteristics of an LGEA employer of choice:
- Respect – for the profession and the work that engineers and professionals do within local government
- Recognition – of the role played by LGEA members and their Association within the Council
- Reward – for the value of work and contribution made by LGEA members at work
Previous winners are Holroyd City Council in 2015, Ryde City Council in 2016 and Riverina Water.
Nominees are assessed against four key groups of selection criteria:
- The terms and conditions of employment provided to LGEA members
- The career structure for engineers and professionals within the Organisation
- Council’s commitment to the Professional Development of LGEA members
- The Organisation’s commitment to consultation and whether there is genuine engagement with employees and their representatives in relation to workplace change
All nominees will be assessed by a Judging Panel comprising:
- Renae Leayr, LGEA Secretary & Design and Project Engineer, Cessnock City Council
- William Eberhart, LGEA Committee Member, Asset Systems & Contracts Coordinator Civil Infrastructure Parramatta City Council
- Gordon Brock, Director LGEA
Nominations must be received by 5pm, Friday 9 November in order to be eligible for consideration for the 2018 Employer of Choice Award. If you’re interested in nominating your Council, please complete this entry form and send to email@example.com.